“We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children”
When we build homes/buildings, we don't take into account to harmonize with the climate. We consume lots of the earth resources, change the lands balance, produce pollution, Hence our homes offer us little protection from the elements. We waste tons of energy to heat and cool them.
• Wikipedia says, "The World Health Organization states that 2.4 million people die each year from causes directly attributable to air pollution, with 1.5 million of these deaths attributable to indoor air pollution."
• Urbanization and industrialization are causing disease in all living inhabitants. Every year, factories release tons of toxic chemicals, polluting our land, air and water.
• The world has a certain amount of natural resources at a given time. They are running low.
• When recyclable items are thrown into a landfill, even more of our resources, and energy are wasted, and pollution is increased.
• Going green is a holistic approach to solving our housing, health and environmental challenges. A healthy body equals a healthy planet. Living in harmony is the key.
• The harvesting, production and use of raw materials to create electricity and fuels, creates excessive amounts of dangerous pollution.
Let's not sit around and wait for "them" to lead the change. It probably won't happen, so let's do what we can to change or living and decrease our usage of energy & water.